Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The first step on the yellow brick road...

So, I start my journey at a whopping 486.6 pounds. Getting on the scale, I had an idea of how much I weighed so I was not shocked. In fact, I was relieved that I had not yet hit 500lbs. So far, the most frustrating part of the journey is finding a scale that goes up to 500lbs. With most in store scales only going up to a max of 350, I not only had to go online to find a scale but I also had to kick out more money. The first one I bought from sears for about $50 broke after 4 uses so I had to kick out another $50 to buy a different one. This one so far is working great.

My biggest obstacle has been trying to abstain from fast food. I say abstain because me with fast food is never a good combination. My will power is nonexistent so going to a fast food restaurant and choosing a healthy item over the plethora of high fat choices is not going to happen, lets face it, I didn't get to this weight by eating grilled chicken. I'm a crackhead when it comes to a cheeseburger so the best thing for me to do is to avoid it all together.


While I could list on and on the many obstacles that may hinder my journey, I wont. I will however write about them as I encounter them and hopefully share my strategies for overcoming them.



Be blessed....

2 comments:

  1. The first step is always the hardest! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it is. Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete