Tuesday, June 4, 2013

cant I just take a cab there?

so, today I came to the realization that maybe it isn't all water weight that I have gained over the past week. The zipper on my pants has been a struggle to keep up and without getting on the scale I think I did gain a few pounds from what I lost which is very upsetting. But, should I really be surprised? I have been very lax on my eating plan for the past week and I have had quite a few slip ups- all in the evening when I am at my most vulnerable. When I started this blog last month my whole reasoning behind it was to chart my journey to being healthy not only the good posts but also the bad. this is one of the "bads". I've read plenty of weight loss blogs over the year and very few have mentioned a weight gain or tell about the when you constantly slip up and want to quit. they focus on the positive I want to be realistic I want you to see my struggle. it has been a struggle it is not easy.everyday I have to fight with myself to not overeat or make unhealthy food choices something that most people do not have to give a second thought to. It is exhausting. It is frustrating. At times it is discouraging.my mind is constantly preoccupied with my wait and my overall health.I'm just tired. Tired of always having to battle. I look at the road ahead and the task I have before me is so daunting that it's mentally exhausting.I wish I could fast forward and skip the daily struggle but since I know that is not possible I am in for a long long journey.



2 comments:

  1. Love this title... ! the hard part about any challenge like this is not getting down about the three steps forward two steps back, or sometimes 4 steps back, nature of it all. But hopefully overall, forward steps are happening, no matter how long it takes. all worth it. love to you! sarma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarma! Its hard to not get down about the long road ahead but Im taking it one day at a time, not everyday is a good day but I want everyone to see the ups and the downs.

    ReplyDelete