Monday, June 24, 2013

if at first you don't succeed, cry until you throw up and try again.

So as most of you know during the first part of my journey I struggled greatly with fast food and alcohol. I was doing great for a few weeks but because my calorie intake was way too low I would end up binging and my weight came back quickly with a vengeance!! When I broke down and I realized I couldn't do this my own way I went to weight watchers and signed up. I weighed 498 at their checkin and I broke down and cried the whole way home. I couldn't be mad, I did it to myself. I tried to keep my calories at 1,300 which was way too low for me and I didn't exercise as often as I should so it was a formula for weight gain. I just didn't know how much. Not to mention, I would still celebrate with food!!! How ridiculous was that! "I'm down 4 pounds, lets go eat!!" I was a mess, it could only lead to failure.  So I went to weight watchers last week and listened to the advice others gave - my biggest issue was not eating breakfast or eating too little for breakfast. My pictures of my green smoothies with two eggwhites make me laugh now. I was always hungry 20 minutes later lol. So I made the mini goal of eating breakfast everyday - not changing anything else, and I was down .6 yesterday ....and that was with a full bladder lol so I know it could be a little more! I was so proud of my little .6 loss and my Bravo stickers you would think I lost 20 lbs lol. So I learned my lesson and while I was embarrassed about the weight gain, I was more so embarrassed about having to blog about it but that is what I put myself out there for. Most women who have tried to lose weight have tried over and over and failed over and over. This is just my story. While I hope I didn't discourage anyone, I do hope that I continue my loss, even if it is only a half a pound a week.

So my mini goal for this week is to get more exercise everyday. I got the Active Link thing to help monitor my activity and hopefully it wont be a waste of money. Just wearing it makes me want to more more. So my hopes are up and I'm praying I wont blow it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment