Saturday, July 27, 2013

Quiet the voices of self doubt, I claim victory


  • Don't go, you don't have anything clean to wear - I threw on my gym clothes from yesterday
  • You can't go, you didn't sleep enough, your body needs rest - I'll take a nap later
  • You've got too much to do today already - This is the only thing that matters today
  • You're doing it all alone, no one believe you'll succeed - I got God in my corner and people who believe in me
  • You might as well stop now, you already binged this week, you're a failure - I claim victory in my heavenly father's name. I may fall six times, but I rise 7.
  • Your stomach is growling, you need to eat, theres a burger king, come on, a breakfast sandwich won't hurt - I'll drink my protein shake and fruit when I get back. 
  • It looks like it might rain, better turn back - Good, I need a shower. 
  • You know how hard its going to be to get walking? You haven't walked all week - I'll push through
  • Your pace is slowing, you should just stop now - Carmen said don't stop, keep going
  • You need to pee - I can hold it
  • Your back is hurting, better sit down - I made it before, I can make it again
  • Everyone is passing you - We all run our own race
  • You're almost finished, why not stop now, you've done enough - I'm not done yet
  • Your time will be worse than when you first started, I bet its probably 40 minutes today - IT WAS 24:30.....anything else you have to say? I claim victory. The set backs I had this week, the internal and external pressures to fail, God has an anointing on my life and while there will always be someone or something against you, you have to push through and put your faith in him. I am learning to walk by FAITH not by SIGHT.  I may not see the end of the journey but everyday I am one step closer. I have to stay focused, shut up the self doubt, and walk in him!





2 comments: