Monday, July 8, 2013

Quit being a pain in your own ass

Looking in the mirror this morning, instead of criticizing myself like I normally do I instead spoke love. Normally when I look in the mirror, I find ways to cover my “trouble” areas. My self-consciousness about my arm flab or my belly overhang made me feel worthless as I stepped out the house.  But not today.  I spoke words of love about each body part that made me feel uncomfortable. My arms, though big and flabby have cradled nieces and nephews at their birth, have given hugs when tears flowed from their eyes, and have provided a sense of security when they are in my presence – because they know I will defend them with every ounce of my being. My cheeks though they have increased in size over the years glow when I give my sly and sometimes devilish grin when I get ideas crazy enough that only I believe they can be accomplished. My little gap in my front teeth looks absolutely adorable when I smile, which is something I do all the time and I am told often it brightens everyone’s day. My stomach which hangs low will someday be filled with a new life that I will nurture and instill the morals and values that were instilled in me. My short legs have held me up and allowed me to continue my walk through life through the pain and devastation I have experienced. My body, though some may not like it, is mine. I have the amazing opportunity to build it the way that I want and make it an efficient machine to continue to carry me throughout my journey. I have the opportunity to see it grow in strength, shrink in size, and transform into a healthy temple that can be used to inspire others.  How amazing is that?!

While in my spiritual time this morning, the word of positive thinking and declarations seemed to pop out at every available chance. What we speak, we believe. I do not want to spend my life putting myself down and being upset over my circumstances. Instead, I am choosing to remain optimistic about where I will go and be eternally grateful for how blessed I am. The weight loss is only part of my journey; I am working on building myself spiritually and emotionally as well as physically. Be kind to yourself.


Find beauty in yourself every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment