Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Patience....


Patience.

I am the most impatient person I know, I want what I want when I want it…which is usually right now. Patience is a virtue that I have not yet mastered but desperately need to. I have to remember that as long as I continue to do my part, God will do his, and my weight will come off. In the past, I would starve myself, fast, purge after a binge, or keep my calories so unrealistically low that 10 lbs would fly off in the first week. I felt ecstatic that I lost 10lbs and it became my goal to lose 10lbs every week. I knew deep down this was unrealistic but I tried anyway….and failed….and gained everything back that I lost. I would rush. I would sprint towards the goal line instead of taking steady steps. So while I wish I had a fantastic weight update that I dropped 20lbs in a week, I don’t. It’s been only a pound or two, but I’m okay with that. I am not starving, I am not binging, and I am taking this one day at a time. What’s wrong with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment