Sunday, May 26, 2013

Today was a good day

Today I went to my sister's 30th birthday party and congratulated myself for not touching the cupcakes or ice cream. Instead I had a banana and water. I instead of focusing on food I focused on being around family and laughing my butt off like I always do. I even had my sister teach me how to play spades. It was a blast. Tomorrow for memorial day, I am planning a cook out at my house so I can control the food that will be available. So far I am sticking with grilled vegetables, grilled lean meats, and I requested no deserts and only fruit. My main focus will again be on spending time with family and having fun. I can't wait!




On the downside, I haven't walked in a week and I was feeling like "All that and a bag of chips" until I tried to go walking today. I got .25 miles and my back started killing me. After a week of inactivity, it was like starting from square one again. I did rebound quicker after a few minutes of resting but still. I have to stay active everyday, for me it is not an option. If I miss several days in a row, my body goes back to its atrophy and I can feel the deterioration. I am going to start walking around my neighborhood at least once a day so that I can keep my stamina up.

No comments:

Post a Comment