Friday, May 3, 2013

Running towards the light



I am still in the beginning of my weight loss journey and I'll admit I am very impatient. I look at how long I have to go and how long it will take this weight off and I feel like giving up. While these thoughts are brief and fleeting, they are still dangerous. They usually come when I am having a bad day, in an extreme craving, or if I am bored. I'm constantly looking for excuses to quit just because it is easier to stay this way. To look at losing over 300lbs is daunting and it seems nearly impossible. When this happens I try desperately to focus on how far I have come in life in general. I have been through hell and back and through dark tunnels I thought would never end. There is an end to everything and when it comes to a negative situation, sometimes I have to be the bigger person (pun definitely intended) and take the first step towards moving out of the darkness. I'm going to try. Will it take years? Probably. Will I want to quit? Definitely. Will I fall and slip up? Of course. But I can not let myself give into defeat and allow my own self doubts and laziness to keep me in the tunnel rather than running towards the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment